Liability Waiver Form
Please read carefully before signing.
I am aware that scuba diving instruction and diving are hazardous activities, and I am voluntarily participating in these activities with knowledge of the danger involved and hereby agree to accept any and all risks of injury or death.
I understand that by signing this document, I am releasing any claims which I may have, and indemnify and hold harmless, PADI INTERNATIONAL Inc. and GULF DIVERS LLC and their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their officers, directors, agents, and employees from any liability for personal injury, property damage, and/or wrongful death arising from my participation in the scuba activities that I wish to engage in. I further understand that diving with compressed air involves certain risks, and injuries can occur which require treatment in a recompression chamber. I further understand that the open water diving trips may be conducted at a site that is remote either by time or distance, or both, from such a recompression chamber, and nonetheless agree to proceed with such dives. I hereby personally assume all risk in connection with said activity. For any harm, injury, or damage, which may befall me as a result of my participation in the activity, whether foreseen or unforeseen, and I still wish to proceed with the activity in spite of the possible absence of a recompression chamber in proximity to the dive site.
Conditions of Participation
1) The participant is liable for damage to, or the loss of, rented diving material, whereby GULF DIVERS LLC is entitled to charge for loss of earnings in addition to the repair or renewal costs.
2) If diving or related activities can not take place, the participant is entitled to the refund of the participation fee only. Further claims are excluded.
3) The minimum age of participation is 10 years old (8 for Bubble Maker). Under the age of 18, the written consent of a parent or guardian is required.
4) For overnight camping/diving activities, alcohol/drugs are prohibited. GULF DIVERS LLC shall not be responsible for any injuries/damages incurred while under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
5) The participant must strictly comply with the GULF DIVERS LLC Staff’s instructions concerning, but not limited to, minimum certification requirements, dive profile, dive planning, maximum depth and dive time. Otherwise he/she may be debarred from diving, diving training or related activities without being entitled to a refund.
Avoid Unnecessary Stress during your holiday – Dive Safe
There are several circumstances that could make you absorb more Nitrogen or alter the absorption, such as:
1 Fatigue and/or vigorous exercise during a dive
2 Dehydration, due to for ex diarrhea or overexertion from sports (In tropical conditions like Maldives you should drink at least 2.5-3 liters of water a day under normal conditions, due to the increased loss of body fluid through perspiration).
3 Feeling cold
4 Older age
5 Illness (also seasickness) / Injuries (also old ones, like bone fractures)
6 Alcohol/drugs consumption (also the evening before a dive)
7 Being overweight
8 Certain medications (including use of contraceptive pills or other hormones
If you fall into one or more of the above groups: a) Do not hesitate to ask our staff for more information and b) Plan your dives extra safely, i.e.: Do not get closer to your computer’s No Deco limit than 5 minutes at any depth; Plan your repetitive dives shallower than 20m; Ascend slowly, not faster than 10m/min and end ALL your dives with a safety stop at 5m for at least 3 min.
Note that dehydration is one of the most common factors leading to dive accidents in tropical waters